Thursday, June 7, 2012

June Blog Hop


Welcome to the June Blog Hop! Hopefully you are enjoying all of the wonderful creations or if this is your first stop, you are in for a treat!

This month is full of graduations, I think I know 7 Graduates, so for my 3D project I decided to remake the Graduation box that I made last year but with improvements. Last year my lid kept falling off.

I used the Petal Cone die for the box. I cut the box at 2 inches so that the peak of the box was no longer there. I then attached a 3.5" x 3.5" card to the top. The Card opens up and a personal message can be written. Since Graduation gifts usually include money or gift cards I wanted the hat to open up so I made a hinge under the card with some card stock. I used a brad to hold the tassel. This project did come together rather quickly and I hope I am explaining this project well. Just in case you need a visual, I took some additional pictures for you to see just how this card/gift holder works.

Here you can see how the top of the hat is a card. The weight of the tassel keeps the card closed.








Here is the card opeded up. I put two pieces of Whisper White card stock on each side of the card, one to write a message or stamp a message to the Graduate and the second one to hide the whole and brad prongs.






This picture shows the inside of the box where the money/gift card can go.

I just love this cute Grad cap idea. It sure beats a regular ol' graduation card.

(I picked up tassels at my local Walmart in the craft area.)




Items Used: Big Shot, Petal Cone, Midnight Muse & Whisper White Card Stock, Brad, and a white tassel.


My second project is a card using some of the New items from the 2012-2013 Catalog.

The Vintage Wallpaper isn't new but it is one of my favorite go to embossing folders. I embossed the Whisper White and then I used my brayer to add Summer Starfruit to the raised areas. I then cute a piece of Summer Starfruit with the new Apothecary framelit die, I stamped my Congratulations image with the new Layered Labels Stamp set, which was also die cut with the Apothecary framelit. After layering those together I used dimensionals to pop them up on the card. At the last minute I die cut the Butterfly and added him with a glue dot and a mini pearl.

Items Used:
Stamp Set- Layered Labels
Card Stock- Summer Starfruit, Whisper White, Early Espresso
Ink: Summer Starfruit
Accessories- Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Apothecary Framelit, Early Espresso Marker, Summer Starfruit Marker

Well I hope you enjoyed my creations and don't forget to keep hopping. Tonya Ball has some great projects to share with you.




Blog Hop Participants:
  1. Annie L. of Love Me Cards
  2. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun!
  3. Anji C. of Altered Scraps Blog
  4. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  5. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  6. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
  7. Patricia T. of Sunnyone Stampin'
  8. Heather W. of Heather's Stampin' Blog
  9. Pamela W. of Stinky Tofu
  10. Linda O. of Stamp at Linda's
  11. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  12. Pam S. of Sunny Girl Scraps
  13. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the box. Such a cute idea. And your card was beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Kim Ryden said...

Cute Graduation box! I love it!

Tonya said...

I love the graduation cap. What a great idea. Will have to store it away for next year as graduations are in May here. The card is beautiful too! Thanks for sharing!

Heather Williams said...

WOW Rose, Your projects are amazing. Love the card, so elegant! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Stampin Dj said...

My grad cap is totally inferior to yours! Great ideas!!!

Pam Staples said...

Your graduation cap box is awesome but I really have to say I LOVE and adore your card! Very striking and elegant card. Thanks for sharing.

Dawn's Creative Chalet said...

That graduation cap is so stinkin cute!!! and the adore card.. i love the colors you used. Beautiful!! :)

Pam Steckman said...

I wish I had someone to make that graduation card for! Awesome job!

Pat T. said...

Love your awesome projects. I especially love your congrats card. The vintage wallpaper folder is my favourite and I love what you have done with it here. Good job! (hmmmm could I have said "love" any more times? lol)

Unknown said...

LOVE both your projects Rose! The grad cap card is so different and fun. I really love your use of Summer Starfruit on the second card. It's beautiful :-)

Annie Lee said...

I LOVE these projects! What a cute idea for a grad! Love the technique you used on the card, too.